Monday, May 11, 2009

The Northeast 45

Massachusetts Avenue is one of the 45 degree angle streets coming into the square mile of Indianapolis, per Alexander Ralston's original design. This post explores Mass Ave going into the northeast side of Indianapolis.

Near Rural Street...




Near Sherman Drive




When scoping an angle for the previous shot, I spotted the Martin University Performing Arts Center. This shot was originally an experiment, but I liked the composition enough to include it here.
Near Emerson Avenue

*See Comments...

Near Arlington Avenue






5 comments:

R. said...

I have a weakness for vintage signs, and the Produce Terminal one is great.

"Superfly Hydraulics" might have the best business name in town.

Great pics!

WYA! said...

I'm with Rebecca on vintage signs so that cool produce terminal one caught my eye too. I've never seen that before- thanks.

thundermutt said...

Minor correction: the shot of Morellis Cleaners and Cell Yes is 54th & Keystone.

I love the B/W railroad shot. Metal and rust. :)

Unknown said...

You are correct, I was shooting along N. Keystone, and it must have found its way into my NE Mass Ave Collection.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comments everyone. I remember seeing that sign when I was younger and was glad I have the opportunity to shoot it when I was down there.

Thundermutt is correct on the shot with Morellis Cleaners; I blame Flickr uploader and absent mindedness on my part for the mixup ;)