Monday, May 4, 2009

Along the White River Greenway

This collection documents approximately the first two miles of the trail; beginning at 10th Street and the Fall Creek Greenway to about 16th Street. I was unable to get a shot of the dam that is a little past the railroad bridge due a dead battery.





I'm not quite sure what's going on here, but this has been ripping up of trees along the river in this section of the banks. There's a lone bench in the area, perhaps they're adding to it.





The water levels on the river are up due to the recent rain; this also means the sewage levels are up as well...


Shortcut....



3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that greenway! Its my favorite one to ride. A little further north it meets up with the Canal towpath and goes all the way to BroadRipple. Getting across 30th street can be a little tricky but besides that its a pretty smooth ride.

CorrND said...

Agreed -- this greenway is wonderful. I especially like the ped bridge in the first shot. I don't usually capture many photos that grab my eye, but I was out there in the early morning one time and caught this. I've been meaning to get back out there forever to recreate it since that shot is a little unbalanced.

Unknown said...

Spiderweb1977: I like this trail as well; although I live closer to the Monon, this trail has less stops and street crossings.

CorrND: Your shot is pretty cool; if you crop the one side of it, it will look balanced and have a wide 16:9 aspect appearance to it