Monday, June 15, 2009

Indy Pride Parade 2009

The Indy Pride parade was a great success, with a huge turnout, and great participants. This is one of the most hard working posts I've ever done; running ahead of, after, and following the parade trying to capture the parade's real setting and groove. I've been trying to cover more events and cutting my teeth on my attempt at photo journalism; I hope you enjoy...


Close to the very beginning of the parade, near College and Mass...




I love this juxtaposition...




I think this is probably my favorite float in the parade...






This is one cool older lady!

I didn't notice the shadow cast on the ball until I started to process the photos...


A few city and county elected officials participated in the parade...Mayor Ballard was not present...







Interesting people among the crowd...
Come Mr. Bigglesworth!!!
Your missing the parade...
Don't exactly know what's going on here, but it looks as if someone was partying a little too much...
Sure, you have the advantage of elevation, but I have the advantage of focal length!

Not part of the parade, but I really like this shot...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice photos! thanks for helping capture a great event!

WYA! said...

We weren't able to get there (too much going on this time of year!) so we appreciate the post.

Downtown Indy said...

A tip for the budding PJ. Learn to hold the camera level unless there's a good reason to tilt. When every damn pic is lopsided there's no more artistic effect, it just looks like you don't care.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comments everyone!

The lopsidedness of this collection is mainly due to the fact that I only had a telephoto lens on me at the time. I struggled to get the composition I wanted without tilting it, so I tried the best with what gear I had with my current skill level. I agree, the tilting here is excessive and appreciate the tip.