Sunday, January 18, 2009

Key Cinemas, You Will be Missed

Due most likely to the competition to the Landmark Theatre on the North side, economic conditions, and the fact that the building was falling apart, the Key Cinema theatre is now closed. This theatre didn't just show modern independent films, but on weekends would play retro films, and even hosted film festivals; I will definitely miss this theatre.





Here are some of my best memories and experiences while visiting 'The Key':

1. I have viewed almost all of Ed Wood Jr's repertoire (from Plan 9 to Jail Bait)
2. IMOCA hosted an Andy Warhol film festival there a few years back.
3. Vintage raunchy John Waters classics on the big screen!
4. Viddy Well my Little Droogies; yes they even pulled out A Clockwork Orange on occasion.
5. And many more that I can't think of at the moment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw Honey I Shrunk the Kids there YEARS ago... good times :)

Scott Russell said...

Saw the original Godzilla there...fell in love. Awesome theater.