Monday, January 12, 2009

Indianapolis Neighborhoods - Southeastern Avenue, English Avenue Part 1

This neighborhood is on the near southeast side of Indianapolis not far from Fountain Square. I took pictures of a stretch on Southeastern and English Avenue from Rural Street to State Avenue. The neighborhood is industrial in nature, and is a very old part of town with some history.

Oriental and Southeastern Avenue, looking toward Washington Street.


I could be mistaken, but I believe that Ivy Tech also uses this building for automotive training.


Detroit and Southeastern Avenue, there is a nice stretch of classic houses in this area.



Also at the intersection of Detroit and Southeastern.


Bates Avenue
These tracks follow Bates Avenue for a few blocks.
When I was taking pictures, I heard the groaning of a large diesel engine. I followed the noise and was able to get this train engine. It Looks to be a pretty new engine to me; most of the ones I see are faded, dented, or have graffitti on them.
Indiana Cold Weld Co., right by the railroad .
A closer look at the forklift.
Bates and Detroit


In a field on Southeastern Avenue; even has a welcome mat.

1 comment:

thundermutt said...

That shot of Oriental...the zoom lens does it more justice than it deserves. There is only fenced parking lot on the east side, from the old milling company building north a block and a half to the really derelict apartment building on Washington.