Wednesday, July 22, 2009

On E. Prospect Street

A real junkyard dog protested my presence here...Luckily a chain separated me from the surly Rottweiler...


Safety and quality, no doubt; but the environment is quite a lofty claim for the king of Indianapolis Brown fields...I can't even imagine what the remediation and reclamation cost of this place would be. Walk anywhere close and you can smell the benzene and coal tar. There was recently a good post about brown field development on Urban Indy, and may accessed here.


Yes, it says boobies can....


Not your grandma's coke oven...What?


This red stuff was bubbling up out of the ground, running down the street, and into a storm drain (which undoubtedly drains into the nearby Pleasant Run).

More invasive flora...

6 comments:

thundermutt said...

Was Jed Clampitt around there shootin' at some food?

Unknown said...

Lol, I don't think this stuff would pay his way to Beverly Hills though.

Kevin said...

Thanks for the link!

Hooray for free flowing red stuff! It's cherry flavored, right?

Unknown said...

If it were, I could bottle and sell it (anyone seen the 80's B movie The Stuff?). Perhaps I could call it Carcinogenic Cherry...Perhaps Not.

Anonymous said...

Where is the jyd? I would not be shocked to see a dog come charging out of there!

Unknown said...

There was a trailer(not pictured) with a door open, as I stopped at the entrance of the place to get the shot, a large barking, growling Rottweiler came rolling out. Luckly the chain didn't let him get anywhere close to me, but it was still a startling experience before I realized the dog was restrained.