Friday, January 28, 2011

Snow Removal

"You can sit there and say, 'I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry,' or you can get out and get a shovel and get to work." - Michael Bloomberg

New Yorkers hold a special hell for city officials that botch a winter storm.  Luckily for a parties involved, the public and officials, this storm was handled much better by the city than the December blizzard.  There were transit delays, public schools were closed (a rare event), but the job of snow removal can be considered a success.  If the culture of snow removal interests you, check out this post over at the blog: The Urbanophile.

This shot was taken in an area of Lower Manhattan known as Cooper Square, exact location is geotagged on the Flickr image page.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think I got a nice shot on that corner a few yrs ago ... is there a place called " Montie's " next to the tattoo place ?