Friday, January 14, 2011

Euclidean to the Max


Axioms and theorems are always on my mind when waiting for the train. Actually, they're not, but what you may not realize is that they tend to come into our lives in ways we are not concious of. At any rate, I just want to continue my theme of featuring subway stations that immortalize important historic figures that have participated in shaping the world as we know it. This station is located on the IND Fulton Line (A and C Trains) in East New York, Brooklyn.

4 comments:

R. said...

Love the symmetry in this one! Good eye.

Unknown said...

Thanks! This was shot was an accident, for the purpose of this shot was to capture late model subway cars but ended up being the best shot of night. Funny how that happens...

Sam said...

I love your shots of the NYC Stations, old and new. To bad I live in Canada, I would love to see these with my own eyes.

Unknown said...

Thanks! There are close to 500 stations in the NYC subway system. Many of them can be pretty monotonous, others downright filthy, while others are highly unique with beautiful mosaic work for example.