Monday, March 16, 2009

On Northeastern Mass Ave

This area is Massachesetts Avenue is located between College Avenue and 10th Street, near Chatham Arch.

If given enough time, I could think of a thousand different uses for this classic Art Deco building other than that of a bus service depot.
I love the detail on this place.




Massachusetts and College Avenues...Thermite charges not included!


45 degrees from Ordinary...


The South end of the Monon trail...On a beautiful day such as this, it was quite busy.

3 comments:

thundermutt said...

I have always loved those dark brick buildings east of College on the south/east side of Mass Ave.

R. said...

Love the Deco building. I highly recommend 'From Bauhaus to Our House' by Tom Wolfe for a scathing review of how we got from there to here (boring glass boxes).

Unknown said...

As a fan of old brick structures, I like them as well.

Thanks Rebecca for the reccomendation, I'll keep my eye out for it.