Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Subway Night Hawking

Long time readers of this blog may know that I have issues with insomnia. One thing I have in common with Travis Blickle is that I walk around and ride subways at night to help pass the time while I'm not sleeping. One thing I don't have in common with him is the whole illegal weapon procuring, coke nail sporting-pimp shooting, politician assassination attempting, 12 year old prostitute rescuing thing; the only shooting that goes on here is with my camera. Now where was I? Oh yes, photographing the NYC subway at night...I like to do that too.

The Garbage Express! Well, ok, it runs local...As I await the arrival of the 7 train that is being delayed by this mobile landfill, insult is added to injury as I get to take in the olfactory experience of fetid garbage as the temperature on the platform is about 90 degrees. Ahhh, the joys of riding the subway off peak...lol

The G train stands idle, and alone... Taken at the Court Square station in Long Island City, Queens...


A eerily quiet Bedford-Nostrand station in the Bedford-Stuyvesant neighborhood in central Brooklyn.


Taken from the 55th Street station from the elevated BMT West End Line in the Borough Park area of Southwest Brooklyn...

This uptown road in its uptown world at the 86th and Lexington station in the affluent area of Manhattan known as the Upper East Side.

No comments: